Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Little Bowls

**Today I am honored to share with you a piece from a guest blogger. Shelley Cohen is an amazing woman, mom, wife, environmental warrior and, luckiest of all for me, friend. I hope to showcase more of her life snapshots that she has so artfully displayed in today's post.**

Little bowls. I have tons of little bowls. Little bowls stacked in cabinets and stored in drawers. Little bowls for dunking, little bowls for condiments like wasabi and spicy mustard, and even little pickle and olive bowls.

In my world, lots of little bowls translates to being a hip hostess. I could throw a mean party and serve an array of exciting hors d'oeuvres, petit fours, and munchies to satisfy even the most discerning palates. Each hors d'oeuvres required it own array of specialty bowls to complete the taste and visual look of the dish. Cocktail franks with gourmet dipping mustards, sushi dunked in wasabi and soy, and mini crab cakes with a dollop of old bay sauce were all crowd pleasers. As the hostess, I was thrilled by the chorus of ohhhs and ahhhs received from grateful guests.

Now-a-days, my little bowls have transitioned to a different, and some would argue, more meaningful/less shallow purpose. My little bowls fit perfectly into the grasp of a special pair of little hands. Ten little fingers wrap delicately around my hip little bowls, carting around precious cargo like blue berries and Cheerios, bobbling up and down as she darts from room to room and tries gingerly not to spill. Her palate is equally as discerning, and her reactions equally as appreciative. Except now, verbal accolades are reduced to one word… WOW.

I may no longer be the ‘hostess with the mostest’, but now I am the mommy with lots of little bowls of love.

RECESSION FASHION P.S.
The beaded shoulder epaulet is rather trendy at the moment - but it likely will not be this summer or next fall. For $68 satisfy this unique and subtle trend with an understated dress.
http://tinyurl.com/yf3sjfg

No comments:

Post a Comment