It's been quite a day, quite a week actually. Ah, hell the past six weeks have been interesting.
So I sit here at my desk at the office and am fielding emails from an alarming number of colleagues across several government agencies still working at 8pm - your federal government never sleeps! And I need to take a mental break.
I give you my Top Ten Things About Me That Are Not Important Enough To Actually Take Up Someone's Time To Share Them With So I'll Blog About Them ---
10. My podiatrist actually recommended I wear heels to even out my hips. He said two inches but I pretend he meant three inches.
9. I sweat profusely on public transportation - buses and subways - even when I am one of three people on said bus or train car - it is alarming but it is how I justify taking cabs.
8. I rarely try clothes on before buying them.
7. I would love to wear flip flops as commuter shoes but fear the scorn of fellow women / fashionistas.
6. I think Ira Glass's voice is depressing.
5. I am terribly jealous of Crown Princess Mary of Denmark. (Yep, I admit to childishness here.)
4. When I say something is "interesting", that is not a good thing.
3. I am obsessed with stories of tragedies and will Google for more and more details.
2. I feel guilty that I did not do more to acclimate our family dog to condo living.
1. When I am home by myself I hold whole fake, soap opera-y dialogues with myself -- including the other people.